Monday, January 10, 2011

Hola Familia,

It was great to hear from you. I got Jenny`s package last Tuesday and that was really fun to be able to open that. My comp was really excited about the root beer concentrate because he has been craving some root beer. The syrup was really nice too because we have pancake almost every day. The lemonade was perfect because I have been craving some good lemonade. The lemonade here has too much sugar. It was really fun to read all those stories and pictures and to guess who wrote and drew what. I'm slightly concerned because everyone seemed to be wearing bikinis. I loved that story about Grant praying for me to turn into a frog but I hope that doesn't happen because most of the frogs I see here are squashed paper thin on the street. I also got Michelle's letter that she wrote me and I hope she got my letter. This week has been pretty good. Although it sounds like you had more success than us in getting people to church. Every Sunday we wake up early so that we can leave the house by 7 to go bring people to church. This Sunday we did an activity with the youth where we had breakfast at the church that the young women were going to make and then we would do splits with the priests. The only problem is that only the young women came and a half hour late (Guatemalan time) so it didn´t work out. It ended up that Elder Rigby and I just did the same as usual and walked all over the town reminding people about church. It was really frustrating because almost everyone said they were going to come but
barely anyone showed up. Not even the lady that we have a baptism date with. But we found some good families this week so that is good. We have been working pretty hard to find new people and hopefully now it will pay off. We need to work better with the members though because just contacting is not that effective. Most of the time people will tell us that is fine if we come share a message with them but when we show up for the appointment they are not there. I almost wish they would tell us strait out that they are not interested. Today we had a Zone activity in Tiquisate where we played soccer together. It was a lot of fun. We had been invited to go Iguana hunting but we had to turn it down because of this activity. Its to bad cause it sounded like fun and I really want to try some Iguana. Everyone says it is really good. Maybe I will just have to wait till I get home so I can eat Brooke`s iguana :). Well my time is up but just want to tell you how much I love and appreciate you. Keep up the prayers. They help a lot. Life is Great. The mission is wonderful. The Gospel helps. Christ lives.

Con Amor,

Elder Thorley

No comments:

Post a Comment