Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hola Familia, This keyboard doesn´t have a enter button so this will be just one continual paragraph. Guatemala is beautiful. The weather has been amazing. It is so much better than I was expecting. They say that my mission is a lot warmer though. The people here are so nice even though I´ve only met the ones that come here to the CCM. I get to go to the Temple today for the first time and I am so exctited. I see angel moroni outside the window everyday and Im glad i finally get to go inside. The CCM is pretty small and it is pretty easy to get a little stir crazy exspeccially when you can see the mountains and you just want to go explore. The dont really let us out of the CCM except to go to the Casa De CRE which is right next to the temple and it is where we practice teaching. This week or the next week we will have the oppurtunity to out out and proselyte in the main square which I am really excited for. The week after that we get to go out and by stuff in the market. Every P day they have a vendor come to sell us stuff we need so I got some cool scripture cases and shower sandals. It is really nice having the CCM be so small because I have gotten to know everyone. I have exspecially gotten to no the latinos pretty well which is funny because we can barely communicate. But i have found that a lot of communicating can be done with expresions, gestures, and noises. I exspesially look foward to gym every morning were we play soccer. We play on these courts like the ones they had down in mexico but smaller. I have found that I can hold my own against the latinos and sometimes they will even let me be on their team :) Conference was amazing last weekend. Mabey it is just that I am a missionary but I felt that alot of it was directed to missionary work. It was so cool to see the missionaries sing at the priesthood session. I saw a lot of friends. I will admit that i was extreamely jealous because it has always been a dream of mine to sing in General Conference and I only missed it by half a week. OH well life goes on. All the talks were amazing. I even took notes, 8 pages worth. I loved how in the first session all President Monson talked about was the need to missionaries. It shows haw important missionary work is. I love this work and I love the CCM. There is such a special spirit here. I know God has blessed my for my service. Ifeel it everyday. I also feel your prayers and I want to thank you for them. They mean so much to me to know that you are praying for me. It is really cool to think that along with the prophet, missionaries are probably the most prayed for people. well my time is up. I love you all so much and keep up the good work.

Elder Matthew Truman Thorley

No comments:

Post a Comment