Monday, October 25, 2010

Hola Familia. It feels like forever since I last wrote you. This week has been really crazy trying to get used to my responsipilities as AP. President Steimle is the president of the CCM and I think the only reason he has APs is because it is so small here and It is pretty much only him in charge of all of the church stuff here. He only has one counselor Elder Rogers who arrived here when we did. Pretty much all we are in charge of is closing and locking up the building at night, conducting any meeting we have and answering any of the questions the Missionaries have. Ususually I dont know the answer but I gotten pretty good at finding out the answer or figuring out for myself. Ive become pretty aquainted with the white handbook. We also have to make sure all the Elders are doing what they are supposed to be doing which isn´t very fun but oh well. It is amazing how much the Lord has blessed me this past week and strengthened me in this calling. It has definetly humbled me and brought me to my knees many times. Last night we had a Devotional with President Clark. (The area President of Central America). We only found out he was coming like an hour before so I was scrambling to get the program ready and find a musical number. we ended up having my district sing nearer my god to thee. It turned out realy good. I also had to cunduct and it was really cool to sit up there right next to a General Authority. His talk was amazing and he definetly called us to repentance. My favorite quote from him though was, "If you don´t enjoy missionary work, you wont enjoy the Celestial Kingdom." I really liked that because we are doing Gods work here in the Mission and that gives me a lot of confidince. The past week we got 40 new latinos and 14 new north amricans. It has been interesting trying to tell the latinos what they need to do in spanish but the Lord has helped me and I have been able to communicate everything that I have needed to. My spanish has really been improving alot lately even though some times it is hard to see. I am trying to speak it all the time. At nights my head hurts but it is the ive accomplished something today hurt so it is okay. I love you all so much and thank you for the letters. I got two of the ones that you sent mom and the one you sent right before the pouch went out took only like five days. I cant sent you pictures here from the CCM but I will when I get in the field. I feel your prayers, exspecially stones.

Love eLDER tHORLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment