Hermana Steimle had a Halloween party for everyone that we helped set
up for. I missed being able to dress up but at the same time not
really. Im pretty content with the white shirt and name badge. The
letters haven´t gotten here yet but i am expecting them either today
or tomorrow. I think next week I will be writting on monday because
we leave on tuesday for the Field! Tomorrow we get to go to the
plaza again to proselyte and I am very excited to be able to talk to
real people about the gosple and hopefully this time I will be able to
talk more and be a little more involved. Its interesting how at times
I dont feel like that my spanish is improving at all but then i put it
into perspective and realize how far i have really come. Then I
realize how much easier it is for me to listen in spanish and how much
easier the words come to me. I have definetly felt the lord blessing
me in this aspect. The gift of tounges is a real thing! Mrs. Barnish
could have never have taught me in 4 years as much as I´ve learned in
the last 8 weeks. Something that ive been learning this week is how
much the spirit can help you be obedient. Not that ive had obedience
problems just I haven´t been studying effectively as I have wanted to.
What helped me alot was a quote that Pres. Steimle gave us. He said, "Willpower is the power to do what you want to do when you dont
want to do it." It is so true. Everynight I come up with these great
plans for what im going to do tomorrow but when it come to tommorow i
am tired and those things dont seem as important anymore. I have
found that when I have started every thing with prayer and prayed for
Gods help in everything I do, he has helped me and helped me regain
that desire and focus. I still have alot to improve on though. Im so
greatful for you and for all of your prayers. Im glad everything is
going well at home. Grandpa Bunker needs to get the young men over to
his house. They need the work and the example of work. President
Steimle is from Southern California close to Newport beach. To of
their friends from from their ward are here in Guatemala serving
missions and they have come to speak to us a couple of times. Elder
Hatch is 82 years old and has served many missions with his wife. I
hope to be like him some day. I love you all so much and I pray for
you.
Love Elder Thorley
No comments:
Post a Comment