Saturday, March 12, 2011



Hola Familia,
Great to hear from you. This week has been pretty awesome. But pretty much every week is pretty awesome. Being a missionary is awesome. Not much happened this week other than the same old walk and teach. This week we tried to teach more because Presidente has a goal for us to teach 36 lessons a week. I felt like we taught a lot but we still fell short of our goal. we only taught 29 lessons. I learned how a lot of the people here like to talk. a lot. We try keeping our lessons shorter but some of them end up being an hour and a half because we cant cut the people off. But it is good because it shows that the people trust us and tell us about their problems. We also have been challenging more of the people we teach to get baptized. Some times we just teach them and they dont realize what our purpose is. It has been amazing to see how much this has helped. A lot of times we ask people to pray about what we are teaching and they accept but they dont think it is that important but when we add on ¨
and if you recieve an answer to your prayers, will you be baptized by someone holding the authority of God?¨ this add a lot more signifacance to the challenge to pray about the church. We have had a lot of people accept and we have also been able to find out quick which people are not going to progress. We have one investigator named Jairo that is progressing a lot and is going to get baptized this Saturday. He has been coming to church and this last Sunday we thought he had left after Sacrament Meeting but he had just gone in to Sunday school without us seeing. He is really excited about the Book of Mormon and has been reading it. So pretty much everything is going great. This week is the last week of changes but I hope that I stay here at least another change. We have a lot going on and a lot of possibilities and I really like La Nueva and the Branch here. But I guess we will see. Well I love you all so much. I hope you have a blast on your Cruise. I hope your enjoying spring. Keep up the prayers.
Con Amor,
Elder Thorley

No comments:

Post a Comment