Saturday, June 11, 2011




Querido Familia,

Felicitaciones on another school done with. Caroline is a Senior now, and she aced her finals. Way to be! Stone way to go on your Piano performance at the talent show. That is so cool that you are sharing your talents with everyone. I cant wait to hear the results of the marathon. So this this week was pretty crazy. It was change week which is pretty much the main thing I deal with. The new Elders came on tuesday and I was kindof in charge of their orientation. It was wierd being on the other side of the table because I feel like it was just yesterday that it was me coming into the mission. The next day we had change meeting and that is always crazy but it was really different not having the where am I going feeling. After that the missionaries that were going home stayed and I had to help them figure out what they were doing and give them their packets of release. Then they had their interviews with President and then we had to wait up till 2 because that is when the bus took them to Guate to catch their flights. It was extremely tiring especially because we had to do a conference with President the next day for three Zones. One good thing though was that we ate really good.

Tuesday we ate lunch and dinner with the news and with Pres. Maravilla. We hired some cooks to do the cooking and it was really good. Wednesday night all the old missionaries going home ate with Presidente at his house and we ate with them. It was delicious. Presidente really loves to eat and likes to see us eat new things. I have already eaten liver at his house and on Monday we are going to eat juevos de toro. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. So pretty much se stuffed ourselves this past week. I sent some pictures of this huge frog that we found in the parking lot. Apparently if you flip them on their back on cement and bang on the ground three times they will faint. So we tried it and it really worked. It was really crazy. So pretty much that is my week. It was really busy but not much to tell. Hopefully next week Ill have more to say because on wednesday we are going to San Marcos which is in the mountains and we have to pass through Quetzaltenango. Oh I just remembered, Presidente has a piano at his house that I can play on but I dont have any music. If you could send me some music that would be great. Emailing it would probably be easiest because I could just print it off here. I love you all so much and I pray for you. Thank you for all of your prayers and your thoughts. Todo esta bien.

Con Amor,
Elder Thorley

P.S. I got a dear elder last week from Adam Lords and Michelle and it only took 7 days to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment