Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hola familia,

Wow its june already! Time is flying by. Its crazy to think that school is almost over. Well good luck Caroline on your finals and dont forget to study. :) Stone, good luck on your soccer game today. You have probably played already and you probably won. Thanks for the pictures. I love seeing new pictures of my little girls. So the big dogs are running a 1/2 marathon this weekend. Im putting my money on Emily to beat everyone. So this week has been pretty calm and yet pretty busy. I am getting a hang of everything and Im not lost anymore when people ask me questions. My responsibilities mainly include preparing everything for the missionaries coming in and the missionaries leaving. I have to get all the tickets for the Elders leaving and make sure their family knows when they are coming and I have to keep track of all their documents. I also make sure the new are all prepared and I have to make a packet of stuff for them when they get here. I also help the missionaries with questions that they have and apparently I help Hermana Maravilla a lot because Elder Mobley said our other title is Assistant to Presidents Wife. :) I spend a lot of time on the Computer answering emails. I think this week has been worse though because it is the end of the change. I am also the district leader of the office which includes the other Secretaries and the APs. We had a little district meeting on Wednesday which was a first for me to be in charge of a District meeting. I dont have the same responsibilities as a normal district leader but one thing I do do is the baptismal interviews for the Zone leaders investigators. I had my first experience of doing that last night and it was really cool. It was really cool to see a person that I hadn´t been teaching and the impact that the gospel made on their life and the changes that they had made. It was definitely a testimony builder. I think I will probably do divisions or work with the Zone leaders here in REU about 2 times a week and I will probably go out with the assistants too to do divisions around the mission. We live in a house right by the church where the office is. The house is pretty nice and has warm water. It is about a 5 min drive from the Mission home. There is a kitchen here in the church so we will cook here sometimes or we have a cocinera that we can go to. Yes I am driving. It has been interesting getting used to driving again. I havent been doing tons of driving because I have been cooped up in the office but I will probably get to drive everywhere in the mission which includes the mountains. So yah that is pretty much my life now. But I get to be in all the conferences with Presidente and I get to learn a lot from him. So life is pretty great. I will be getting mail faster which is good. Dont know what else to tell you. Thanks for your love, support, and your prayers. Love you tons. Todo esta bien.

Con Amor,
Elder Thorley

No comments:

Post a Comment