Querido Familia,
Wow it sounds like everyone had a blast this weekend. That was a lot of fun to get a little letter from everyone. I hope I can live up to my great responsibility and be spiderman. :) I hope you took some pictures too. So this past week has been kinda crazy. Tuesday in the morning Elder Maurer, one of the AP's called me and told me that I had emergency changes and that I was coming into the office to be the next General Executive Secretary. I just laughed at him but he said he wasn't lying and that I needed to be packed because they were coming to pick me up in the night. So I had a little bit of time to pack and to say goodbye to some of my investigators. That whole day was crazy because my mind was all over the place. I kept thinking why me and that I didn't want to go to the office because I was feeling that I was finally figuring out things and making a lot of progression. But I decided that there wasn't anything that I could do about it and that I know that Pres. Maravilla can receive revelation so I know that this is where God wants me. So now I am trying to see all the good things about this new assignment and really there are a lot. One of them is that I am with Elder Rigby again. He is the financial secretary so we are comps again along with Elder Hernandez who is from Guatemala who is another Secretary. I came in to replace Elder Mobley who was supposed to leave in another week but because of problems with traveling he had to leave Sunday morning. So now I am here sitting in an Air Conditioned Office only half trained on what I am supposed to do. But it has been a lot of fun because I am good friends with all the Elders in the office and they are good to help out. The office is in Retalhuleu so now I am getting to know a lot more of Guatemala. Exspecially cause we have to drive around the mission doing errands. We dont have a area to work in but apparently we do divisions a lot with the Zone leaders here in REU. Also my P-day is now on Saturday because the office has a different P-day. Im writing today because you didnt know. So ya pretty much everything is different and it will take some getting used to. One thing that I have learned is that it can be easy to slack off in the office and lose some of the good habits that I have now. So I have set some goals for myself and we will see how much will power I have. I listened to Elder Oaks talk on our desires and that has helped me a lot. It is nice to know that our Righteous desires can overcome our bodily desires to slack off. So to answer your questions, yes I did get rainboots but now it looks like I wont be using them that often and yes it rains everyday. Some days it rains harder that others though. Saturday it rained really hard and a lot of the streets turned into rivers. So yah I dont know what else to tell you but you will probably have questions. I love you all tons and hope you have a great week.
Con amor,
Elder Thorley
No comments:
Post a Comment