Monday, May 23, 2011

Querido Familia,

Wow I don't remember things being so busy when I was at home. I'm glad I'm here and don't have to worry about so many things. :) Stone, good luck on your piano recital today but I know you will do awesome. That is so fun that everyone is getting together at the reynders for memorial day. Make sure to say hi to everyone for me and to take lots of pictures. So the rainy season is here in full force. Today I am going to buy some rain boots. It is crazy how hard it can rain here. The streets turn into rivers and all the people run inside. Last night we got pretty wet because we were at a lesson and then it started raining hard. With the lamina for roofing you cant hear anything. We were yelling at our investigators telling them to pray and read the scriptures. When we left the path was like a stream so our shoes got soaked. It is going to be a fun 5 months. I have been a little frustrated this past week because I have had a problem with people not understanding my spanish. It is frustrating because I have been studying and practicing a lot and I feel like my accent has improved some what. I'm also confused because the people understood me better in my last area. I think it is because Im with a latino and when they see that I'm a gringo they automatically think that they cant understand me because I don't speak spanish. But its okay Ill just keep studying and perfect my accent so they have to understand me. Well everything is pretty good other than that. Tomorrow we have interviews con Presidente. It should be a good week. Love you tons and hope you have a great week.

Con amor,
Elder Thorley

No comments:

Post a Comment