Hola Familia,
Well we had a nother good week. It has started raining everyday in the afternoon. It usually is pretty hot in the morning but then in the afternoon it cools off with the rain. I bought a pretty big umbrella here that has kept me pretty dry. We have been working pretty hard and have found a lot of new people and we are working with some investigatores that are pretty positive. We have been teaching them for the past couple weeks and have attended church and really like it but they don´t have a testimony/ understanding of the restoration, especially about priethood authourity. This past week we have concentrated on the Book of Mormon and how it can help them gain a testimony. I have realized that I have been trying to hard to convince people about the truth of the restoration when I need to focus on converting them. Something that helped me a lot is a part of a talk that Elder Holland gave on the Book of Mormon. He said that we cannot come to a fullness of knowledge of this gosple or a complete testimony if we dont have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. We can convince people about the truthfullness of the gosple but if we want them to have a lasting testimony they have to read the Book of Mormon. We are trying to change the way in which we teach so that we can get the Investigators reading the Book of Mormon from the first time we teach them. But ya to answer your questions I have not had the chance to play the piano yet. I also have not been able to talk to the Bishop because yesterday they changed bishops in our ward. The new bishop is a RM so hopefully he will help us a lot. Also the new 2nd Counselor is from our area and was our Mision leader so he will help out a lot. Church was a little frustrating becuase we were hopping to see more people but we only had 20 show up from our area. We just need to find out a new way of getting people to church. But yah life is good. Thank you for your prayers and know that my prayers are with you. I love you all so much. Todo esta bien.
Con amor,
Elder Thorley
No comments:
Post a Comment