Sunday, July 3, 2011



Hola Familia,

Happy 4th of July!!!!!! Happy Birthday Aunt Chris and Casey!! I cant believe its already July. Everyone better have a good time and take lots of pictures. Thanks Mom and Chris for the music. (That doesn´t exempt you though Aunt Chris from writing me a letter) :) I went over to Presidents house to play it and they enjoyed it but they were waiting to hear more and I didn´t have any more. So this week was pretty good week and it flew by. Every day except Monday we had a Multizone conference in different parts of the Mission with President. The conferences were to congratulate the good work we did this past month and to pump us up to work harder and do better this coming month. The Church has come out with some changes in the Missionary system that we are applying now and it cool to see the changes it has made. I love revelation. The main thing Pres. talked to us about in the conference was working with the members. He used two pictures that illustrate that we could be making if we were working with members. I thought i was a really cool example so I'm sending them to you. Right now we are like the missionaries in the first pictures. We are working hard and putting in our all. But we need to be smarter and work like the missionaries in the second picture. We could have twice the results if we have now if we were working with the members. Another thing that I like is that President didn´t just tell us that we need work with the members but he showed us how to. It helped a lot because I think a lot of us have the desires to be better and work with the members here but we dont know how to. So pretty much the conferences were awesome and all the mission is way pumped for this next month. Another thing that made it better is that at one of the conferences we had pizza and I found Hidden Valley Ranch so I was in heaven eating my Pizza with ranch. It wasn´t as good as Albertsons Ranch but Ill take what I can get. So pretty much life is good. To answer dads question, we have to rent out rooms in a hotel sometimes for missionaries that have to go to Guate to see the Doctor or for things like that. They lady who owns the hotel also owns a Gym. When we rent out rooms she give us free passes to the Gym. It is a pretty nice Gym too. Definitely the nicest one Ive seen in Guatemala but that not saying much. We haven´t gone this week cause we done a lot of traveling for the conferences but next week should be better. We do play basketball at night at the church though. I get pretty good exercise from that because I have to run a lot to make up for my lack of playing ability. So that is pretty much my week. I love you all a ton and hope you have great time. Thanks for your prayers and your support. Todo está bien.

Con Amor
Elder Thorley

No comments:

Post a Comment