Thanks for the emails. Exspecially Carolines. You should do it more often. :) Sounds like youve been kept pretty busy this summer and your getting a lot a quality Grandma time. Im still waiting for pictures of all this fun you are having. So this week flew by and I felt like I didn't get anything done. Changes are next week and luckily I had most of the stuff prepared because I didnt have time to do much this week. Monday was pretty boring. It was just an office day cause it is everyone elses P-day and I was helping everyone else with their work. Tuesday I went with Elder Peugnet, one of the APs, to Xela to run some errands for Presidente and get some stuff for the office. It was cool to be able see some more of Xela and also spend some time with Elder Peugnet because hes become a pretty good friend and he is going home next thursday. It is going to be different this next change cause we are going to get a new AP and also one of the other Secretarios is getting replaced. Also Elder Rigby is going to start training his replacement so that he can leave the office the next change. I guess Ill just get to know new people. And to answer your question Mom, I am getting to know a lot more people in the mission. I can almost recognize all the names now but I cant always put a face to the name. Anyways on wednesday a Zone Leader from Tiquisate got pretty sick so they had to bring him here to see the doctor. He had to stay at the Doctors office for two days and his comp had to go back to his zone so I got to stay with him for all of Thursday and all of Friday. Lets just say I got some pretty good studying in. It turned out that he had this disease called Histoplasmosis because his was living in a house thad had a lot of pigeons on the roof and their droppings were always falling int the house. Anyways that caused him to now have fungus in his lungs. He is fine now and has medicine to take care of it but luckily he is also going home and can go get it checked out in the states. It was kindof interesting talked to his parents and telling them that he was sick. Luckily they didn't freak out. So ya we got out of the doctors at like 6 on Friday and so my week was like gone already. Something fun I did this week was on monday I made hamburger pie to see if I could and it turned out pretty good. I think im going to make it for Presidente Maravilla and his family for my birthday. :) I got the music from Aunt Chris but I haven't been able to play it yet. As far as my birthday I wrote and told Michelle of some things but I dont need of much. I was thinking of buying some new scripture cases for my scriptures but I dont know if I have the money for it. My old Scripture cases are pretty trashed. My vocab has been getting better and I have been getting better at talking to people on the phone in spanish which was a hard thing for me. I was feeling down because I felt like my spanish was getting worse cause I was speaking English all the time in the office but Ive been practicing and I feel more confident now. As far as driving in the office, we have two cars that we use. A Toyota Hilux (which they dont sell in the States) and a Carrola. They are both pretty nice cars and a lot of times I feel like the epitome of peoples idea that mormons are rich because Im driving around in a nice car, talking on a cell phone, and buying large amounts of things. The carolla can be a little troublesome because they have speedbumps everywhere here and it is a little low rider. We also get to use Presidents car sometimes which is fun because it is stick. As far as driving in Guatemala there aren't as many rules so you have to be on your gaurd more but I wouldn't call it that dangerous. But anyways thats pretty much it. I love you all tons and miss you just a little bit. :) Todo esta bien.
Con amor,
Elder Thorley
No comments:
Post a Comment