HOLA!!!
Como Estan? How is everything? It is so amazing to be here at the MTC. I feel like so much has happened in the past couple days and I don't even know where to start. My companion is none other than Elder Langi from Mr. Mac. He is so amazing and I am so blessed to have him for a companion. He is 22 and is from Hawaii. He is a way fun guy and knows how to have fun. He reminds me a lot of Rodrick but don't get confused, Elder Langi is Tongan not Samoan. Even though he likes to play around he knows when to be serious and get to work. The other two Elders in our room are Elder Owen and Elder Jacob. They are both from Utah and really great elders. Our District is amazing and so is our Zone. President Lloyd is our Branch President and he is amazing. You can feel love that he has for you and all the Elders. I have seen a lot of friends from my freshman ward and it has been cool to catch up with them. I also saw Elder Ned Meservy today and that was a lot fun. Spanish has been going great. My teachers are amazing. They are Hermana Fulmer and Hermano Del Toro. So something cool just happened. I just met a Brother and Sister Thorley. I was wearing my Family Reunion shirt and they saw my name on the back. His name is Evan Thorley and his dad is Richard Thorley who if I understand correctly is Grandpa Thorley 2nd cousin. Pretty cool but its going to make my letter pretty short. That and the fact that I am not the greatest typist. Anyways I need to start closing now. I love the spirit that I get to feel here all the time. They have been teaching us the important of love in missionary work and it has been so cool learning to love people as Christ does. I know that he loves me and the people in Guatemala too. We are all children of God and we all need the gospel. God is great and so must I be to preach his gospel. I love you all so much. Adios.
Love Elder Matthew Truman Thorley
No comments:
Post a Comment