Friday, September 24, 2010

Querido Familia,
Thanks for the letters everyone. They are realy fun to read. Whenever I read them I can't help but smile. I love hearing about how everyone is doing. So life is great as always. I loved Stone's letter and I showed it of to all of the elders in my district. I sorry to hear about Grandpa but I am glad that it was over quickly. Its a good thing that he is such a tough old man. :) Caroline Im glad that your running so much. It always feels so much better to be in shape. All I have been doing during gym period is play volleyball so I have not really got any real excercise but I haven't gained weight even though I have been eating a ton.
I feel like I have already learned so much in the two weeks I have been here. Elder Langi and I have grown a lot as teachers and we have gotten really good at teaching together. We love going to the TRC and practicing teaching in a semi real situation. It weird to look back and remember when I voluntered at the TRC. My Spanish is improving all the time but it is going to be really interesting to see how I do at the Guatemalan MTC. It is amazing how much the Lord is blessing me. Things that I remember not understanding at all in High School have come so much easier here, and it is so much easier to memorize. The gift of tounges is a very real thing. Elder Langi is progressing well too. Sometimes when we are bearing our testimony he says something I didn't know he knew how to say. Anyways it is so crazy the people you meet here at the MTC. Just this morning I ran into David/ Elder Welch. It was so cool to see him after so long.
So the next time you here from me I will be in Guatemala. It is weird to think that I am leaving already. I feel like I am just starting to get into the routine of things. But I am so excited. I leave at 8:00 am from Salt Lake and I have a 4 hour lay over at Dallas from 12 to 4 but i think that is Dallas time so you canfigure out what time that is for you because I am allowed to call home. I think what i will have you do is I will call home and give you the number of the payphone and have you call me back.
So here is a little spiritual thought for you and exspecially for Jenny. These 2 weeks we have been here they have pounded the importance of obediance into our brains. I didn't quite get that at first but I have gained a testimony of it pretty recently. We are promised blessings when we are obediant and as missionaries we need those blessings so much. It is amazing the difference you feel when you are not obediant. For example when I dont go to bed on time the next day I a wasted but if I get to bed on time I feel fine. Not only is it that we need blessings but being obediant is how we show our love.

No comments:

Post a Comment