Friday, September 17, 2010

HOLA Familia!
It was great to get to hear from you. Thank you so much Mom for your email. It made my day. I'm glad to hear that everyone is still keeping buzy and its sounds like you are having alot of fun. Stone: Way to go on your soccer game. Im glad I was able to toughen you up. Keep up the good work and good luck for the game that I am asuming you are having tomorrow. Also I am glad that you enjoyed your piano lesson. I hope that you practice hard and maybe someday you can play like me. :) (Speaking of which I haven't had the opportunity to play yet.) Caroline: Sounds like you are keeping way busy. Congats on Homecoming. Don't do anything that I wouldn't do. :) Have fun at your Cross Country Meet. Dad: Sounds like the RRR was a blast and I hope you thought of me while your were running. Thanks for all the details you provided. :) Mom: Thank you so much for your email. It meant a lot. Im glad the Weblos are still keeping you busy. I love you all so much.
So all that I can say is that the MTC is amazing. I have never studyed so hard, prayed so much, and loved it so much. Spanish is going great. It is amazing how much has come back so quickly. When the older elders teach us lessons in spanish, I can understand all of it. I found though that I am a lot better at understanding than speaking. Elder Langi didn't know any Spanish before coming in and it has helped me a lot to be able to help him. I can do contacts in spanish though and pray and give a limited testimony. But life is Great.
It was really wierd yesterday cause I got my travel plans to go down to the Guatemalan MTC. I leave the 28th at like eight in the morning and have a 4 hour lay over in the Dallas Airport. It really wierd to think that i will be leaving so soon because I have gotten really close to my district.
Well my time is running out so i will leave this with you. In our Devo on tues. we watched this clip from Elder Holland. He said, "Why should we excpect it (the mission) to be easy when it wasn't for Him 2000 years ago in Gethsemane. That struct me really hard and made my think how i could use these 2 years to repay Him who sacrificed all. I love you all so much and miss you.

Love Elder Thorley.

P.S. you need to mail the immunization sheet and if you could use dear elder i could have more time to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment