Hola Familia
Wow! What a General Conference. Sounds like your weekend was almost as good as mine. Not much happened this past weekend except that I went to the doctor and he found another piece of toenail deeper in that was keeping my toe from healing. He took it out and it has been getting better now. But yeah that is pretty much all that happened during the week. For conference we had to go to the stake/district center in Tiquisate to watch it. And we were able to watch it in English because most of the elders in our zone are gringos. So we were there all Saturday and we didn´t have any investigators and barely any ward members come. But alot of people watched at home because they have BYU TV down here. Speaking of BYU I heard they did really well this year and Elder Anderson gave that shout out to them during conference. Way to go Cougars!!! But yeah I really enjoyed Conference. It so cool to be able to listen to the Prophet and the Apostles after teaching so much about them and testifying that they are inspired men and then have that testimony confirmed in conference. I learned a lot that I want to work on and some stuff that will have to wait after the mission. Such as stop wasting your life and get married. One thing I heard that really touched me though was President Uchtdorfs talk during Priesthood. He talked about how we need to live up to our privileges as Priesthood holders. He said a lot of times we will hear things that we like and that we want to change and we even write it down. But we have our (do it switch) on Later, and we need to always have it on Now. That is a trap that I fall into alot of putting stuff off till later until I forget about it. That is one of my goals for this month. When I get a prompting to do something, I need to do it then, not later. Sunday was really good too. Our branch President has a bus, so he came at 8:45 to the church in La Nueva to pick up all the people to take them to General Conference. That was a great opportunity for us because we were able to bring investigators and get a lot of the ward members to go. One of our recent converts came late so he hitched hiked to Tiquisate to get there and he was supposed to leave at 3 to go back to work but he ended up staying the whole time. It was really cool for me to be able to see his faith and how Important conference was to him. I asked him how he felt after conference and he said he felt Maravilloso. I couldn´t agree more. I am so grateful for the gospel. Just so you know I am always as happy as it sounds in these emails. Almost all the time though :) But there are hard times and sometimes I do feel down. But when I am here writing you looking back on my week I cant help but be happy when I see all the blessings I have received. God is great and he loves his children and he wants to bless us if we will let him. The more and better we keep the commandments the more and better he can bless us. I really like what someone said in their talk. We cant take the cafeteria approach to obedience. (This part is my own addition) We have to do it Grandpa´s way. You eat/do it all. I love you all so much and am so grateful for you. I am so thankful for your prayers. They really do make a difference. Todo esta bien.
Con amor,
Elder Thorley
P.S. Michelle I was going to send a picture of my toe so you could see me suffering but I didn´t think Megan would appreciate it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment