Tuesday, February 15, 2011


Feliz Dia de Cariño,

That is the Spanish version of Valentines Day but it is barely recognized or celebrated here. At least as far as I have been able to tell. This past week has been good. I'm sorry you didn´t get my email last week. There must have been something wrong with the Internet. Dad so you know that last email you sent with the picture of Lily I was able to see but the others no. I appreciate the thought though. This last week I learned a lot but didn´t get much done. We had different conferences all week and had barely any time to work. Thursday and Friday we had a conference in Reu. with Pres. Maravilla for all the new missionaries. I didn´t think I was going to have to go but I guess I'm still considered new. It hurt my pride a little bit but ill be okay. :) It was just a little frustrating because we had a baptism last saturday to prepare for but I wasn´t there. It was really good though ex specially because I can understand Pres. Maravilla now. We learned a lot in this conference that I hope I can put into practice. Saturday was a good day because we had a baptism. The oldest sister of this family we have been teaching is the one that got baptised. Now the only one that is missing is the dad. He is going to be a lot harder to change because he says yes to what we say but then afterward does what he wants. They are really poor and he has a hard time putting God before work. He also has a drinking problem that we just found out about. With a lot of prayers I have faith that he will be able to turn his life around. If you could pray for him too that would help a lot. His name is Jose. Other than that I dont have much to report. Just life is good. It rained yesterday and I got soaked and I couldn´t have been happier. It was a nice break from the heat. They keep telling me that the heat is getting ready to come in earnest now but i dont believe them. We played soccer today in Tiquisate with the Zone in the stadium were the professional team plays. It was tons of fun but the heat was terrible. Anyways thanks for the letters. Send more pictures. I love you all tons. Ex specially today.

Con amor,
Elder Thorley

No comments:

Post a Comment