Monday, February 14, 2011






Hola Familia,

It is crazy how time flies on the mission. I feel like I just wrote you yesterday. The past week has been pretty good. I started of the week with the Zone Leaders because Elder Rigby left before changes. It was weird to lose my companion and not gain another one right afterward, but it was a cool experience to be with the Zone Leaders. One of them was finishing his mission so I got to help as they say ¨kill him off ¨. It was cool going around to all of his investigators and see how much he meant to them and how important they were to him. He is definitely a missionary that served with honor and I hope I can follow his example. On Wednesday we had cambios and I got my new companion. He is called Elder Moss. He is from Springville, Utah and only has 3 months more than me in the mission. It's kind of weird that now that Elder Rigby is gone I am the Elder that has been in his Branch the longest and I have had to introduce the new Elders to the Branch and the members turn to me for a lot of things. It's also interesting to realize now that I don´t have Elder Rigby to rely on, to see how much Spanish I can speak. It is really a confidence booster to realize that I can pretty much understand everything that people say and that I can respond and express myself. I think the Spanish is pretty simple here though. We have one investigator that is really educated and I sometimes get lost talking to her. The work is going well here. We have two Baptisms this Saturday so we have a lot of work to do to get ready for that. Pretty much life is great. Sounds like everyone is doing well at home too. I pretty excited for your cruise because your going to experience a little bit of my world. Only climate wise though. I hear Belize is pretty different than Guatemala. I glad Dad hasn´t been so busy so he has had time to read books on his Kindle that I didn´t even know he had. I just realized I don't know what anyone got for Christmas. Oh well. Well I hope you have a wonderful week. I love you tons and pray for you always.

Love Elder Thorley

No comments:

Post a Comment