




Hola Familia,
Sorry I'm writing late. Today has been a crazy day. One of our Zone leaders is going home this week so we went to Mazatenango this morning to eat Pizza Hut and do other stuff together as a Zone. It was a lot of fun. This week is cambios and last night one of the Assistants called and told Elder Rigby to pack his bags that night because they were bringing him in to be an office Elder. We were kind of sad that we were going to be separating but we kind of knew that is was going to happen except we thought that I was going to be the one leaving. He left today so I have been with the Zone Leaders and will be until Wednesday when I get my new Companion. I have loved working with Elder Rigby and have learned a ton from him. I'm also really grateful that we were able to end with a bang. This past week has been crazy busy but really fulfilling. We were finally able to see the fruits of all of our labors this month. We had four baptisms on Saturday and we married a couple. The couple that we have been working with and had the problems the week before finally got married on Saturday and after we were able to baptize the wife. It was a really sweet experience. Also we baptized three kids. One is named Pablo and we have been teaching him and his mom for a couple weeks. He is friends with some members in the ward and has be going to church for a while. His mom has had a hard time progressing but i think was impressed by her sons example and I think that we Will see some progress with her now. Also we baptized two girls named Evelyn and Claudia. They are part of a menos activo family that we found and have been teaching were only the mom and one son is baptized. They have a older sister that wants to get baptized too and I think that the dad will get baptized within the next couple of weeks. We have been working like crazy to get all these baptisms ready and I have learned the importance of having a ward mission leader because we don't have one here and we have had to do all the work in setting up the Baptisms. It was a lot of work but it was a really sweet experience to be part of these baptisms and I have learned a lot this past week. To make things even busier we had a service project on Friday out in the Trochas. One of the families out there had to find a new house because the one they were living in got taken away. The new house they got didn't have a roof so we went out with the Elders quorum to put on the roof. It was fun to be able to work with all the men in the ward and to get to know them a little better. We didn't get back from it until 5 in the afternoon and we had tons to do to get ready for the baptisms. So to answer your questions, yes we have a cook but she only cooks lunch so we make breakfast and dinner. Also for P days we don't do much because there isn't much to do around her. We have wanted to go to the beach but there isn`t much we could do there besides take pictures and we have to get permission from our leaders. My camera ran out of batteries after the first baptism so I don't have pictures for the wedding or the other baptism but I will get them from Elder Rigby and send them to you. Well I need to go now but i want you to know how much I love you. I can feel your prayers so keep them up. Todo esta bien.
Con Amor,
Elder Thorley
No comments:
Post a Comment