Tuesday, February 22, 2011



Querido Familia

Le mando saludes de La Nueva Concepcion. Its great to hear from you and all the stuff that your doing. Sounds like you are keeping busy. Felicitaciones Caroline on being elected Student Body Historian. Have fun planning for Sadies. :) This week has been pretty good. We found some new Investigators that are really interested and, as they say here, are way pilas. One is named Jairo. We found him while I was getting my hair cut. He was way excited to listen to us and when we taught him he aplied the scriptures to himself and I think I learned more from him than he learned from us. We challenged him to get baptized and he accepted but it is going to take a while because he is married but not living with the woman he is married to. So he has to get divorced first and then married to this other lady. But when we talked to him about it he was willing to do what ever it takes to get baptised and be good with God as he says. We also found another named Jyron. He is way excited about the church and was planning on going but wasn´t able to at the last moment. We had a really good lesson with him last night about the Book of Mormon and we watched the Testaments with him afterward. The spirit was there really strong and he felt the power of the Book of Mormon. He has a younger brother and sister that were baptised when they were 8 and 9 but haven´t been to church since then. They seem pretty interested but the sister is going to be hard to convince because she is the Young Womens President at the Evangelical church around the corner. This Sunday was pretty interesting. It started out pretty bad because we didn´t have any investigators show up to church and we had 7 tell us they would. It was really disapointing. But it got a whole lot better from there. We had lesson with this woman that we have been teaching for a while. At the last lesson we commited her to read 3rd Nefi 11 and to pray about it because he hadn´t been reading the BOM. When we came yesterday we asked her if she had read what we left her and prayed about it. She said she had and that she was ready to get baptized. It was really cool to see the power of the Book of Mormon and the effect that it had on her. She is going to get Baptized this saturday with her daughter. Yah so life is pretty good. The pictures I sent are from when we went out to the trochas for a family in the ward. Yes I am holding an alligator. They had 4 of them but they ate two and one died so the one I am holding is the only one left. They also raise turtules to eat. It is still hot but has rained a couple times. It is Mango season and there are mangos everywhere. At almost everyone of our appointments the people give us four or five mangos to take home so we end up with like fifteen at the end of the day. I like the mangos here but we end up throwing most of them away. At one of our appointments mangos kept falling on the roof and I about had a heart attact everytime one would fall because it is so loud with the lamina rooftops. It sounds like an explosion. Anyways I got to go. But I love you all tons. Todo esta bien.

Con Amor,

Elder Thorley

No comments:

Post a Comment